We have spain foods EVERY week. Without fail, we are having tacos,
enchiladas, quesadillas or taquitos one day during the week and the kids
love them. I’m so grateful for that because I love these recipes too.
We also have Mexican Rice with these meals, which is another recipe my kids LOVE (score!)
The recipe I’m sharing today is one that we have recently become
obsessed with. They are very similar to the chicken taquitos we make all
the time, but they have cream cheese, salsa, and baby spinach mixed in
with it too. I know I’ve shared this before, but my husband LOVES cream
cheese, so I was 100% sure that he would love these taquitos. Well, he
loved them and so did I, so we’ve had them a few times this last month.
What I love is I made the cream cheese and chicken mix and froze the
leftovers in 2 bags so I could make them 2 other nights. That worked out
great for some of those crazy busy days. I just pulled one bag out in
the morning to let it de-frost and it was perfect by dinner!
Another thing I love about this recipe is that they are great to make
as the main dish or even an appetizer. Either way, I know you’ll love
these Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos because they are DELICIOUS!
Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
Ingredients
Ingredients
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 6 ounces ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cups sour cream
- ½ cups salsa
- 1½ cups colby jack cheese
- 1½ cups chopped baby spinach, stems removed
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas
- vegetable or canola oil, for frying
Instructions
- Heat ½" oil in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, co-jack and spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once oil is hot enough (place hand over pan, above oil, to feel heat), add a few tablespoons of chicken/cream cheese micture to the center of a tortilla and spread out. Roll up and set seam side down in oil using tongs. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat until all the tortillas are filled, rolled and fried.
- Set on paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
spain foods source: http://lilluna.com
